Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 October 2015

Pane and Amore: Land of Awesome Cupcakes


A few days ago, my family (minus my sister) decided to try out Pane and Amore for a light dinner. My mum had tried its delicious cupcakes before, so we went to have dinner over there.

The dinner experience was just average and slightly dampened my mood, but the dessert lifted my spirits.

For my main, I had Chicken Alfredo Pasta. I am a big fan of pasta and since I eat it a lot, I criticize it very harshly. This pasta was bland and way too cheesy. The cheese completely enveloped the flavour of the pasta sauce. Tabasco and ketchup made the pasta slightly better, but I still did not like it very much. The garlic bread was soggy and it tasted just like normal bread, nothing garlicky about it.
Chicken Alfredo Pasta
My mother ordered the Chicken Club Sandwich. She found it delicious, the chicken was nicely grilled and juicy, the vegetables fresh and the bread toasty. The french fries were absolutely fresh and just the right amount of crispy.
Chicken Club Sandwich
My father's choice was the Beef Burger, which is one of the house specials. The burger was quite big and the meat was well-seasoned and juicy. Plus I stole some fries from him too. A word of caution: The black sauce at the side of the plate of the sandwiches and the burger, made the simple plating look fancy and elegant, but it tasted horrible. Learnt that the hard way.
Beef Burger
The cupcakes definitely made my night. On their Facebook page, Pane and Amore post a password every day. If you tell the waiter the word, he gives you a free cupcake for each person at your table. Since there were three of us, we selected the Chocolate Mint cupcake, the French Toast cupcake, and the Salted Caramel cupcake.

I took the French Toast cupcake strictly out of curiosity. It did not resemble a french toast at all, but once I opened the wrapper, the texture of french toast, that soft, mushy cake was welcomed with open arms by my tastebuds. 
French Toast Cupcake
Salted Caramel was absolutely scrumptious, especially the caramel atop the cupcake was finger-licking good.  


Salted Caramel.

Chocolate Mint also happens to be one of my favourite flavours. The chocolate on top was Lindt and it added a refreshing burst of awesome flavour into the chocolaty, heavenly cupcake. This one was my star of the evening because it honored the chocolate mint combination and also, because I am a kid and kids are chocolate addicts.

Chocolate Mint

In my opinion, Pane and Amore is superb as a cupcakery but not so much as a cafe. The food is good, but not awesome. The cupcakes, however, are to die for!
If you do visit Pane and Amore, I would love to read about your experience in the comments. Their Facebook page is here to get the password of the day for a free cupcake.



P.S. I hope you like my blog. The blog views have come in at an overwhelming speed and I am flattered to read such nice comments. 
A big thank you for all the encouragement and praise. 

 Rahmah :)


















2 comments:

  1. Hey their cupcake flavors sound divine! Love the way you described em. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments system

Disqus Shortname